Plan your visit to Sharjah Desert Park: Timings, Location, and More
Sharjah Desert Park combines education and entertainment to bring out the inquisitive child in you. It is a conservatory turned edutainment center comprising the Natural History Museum, Arabian Wildlife Centre, and the Children's Farm. It offers you the opportunity to delve into the rich history of flora and fauna in the UAE with a hefty dose of fun. Here’s everything you need to know to plan your visit to the Sharjah Desert Park!
Sharjah Desert Park Timings
What are Sharjah Desert Park timings?
Sharjah Desert Park Timings are as follows:
- Sunday-Monday, Wednesday-Thursday: 9 AM to 5:30 PM
- Friday: 2 PM to 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 11 AM to 5:30 PM
When is Sharjah Desert Park closed?
The Park is closed on Tuesdays.
How much time do I need at Sharjah Desert Park?
To enjoy your experience to the fullest at Sharjah, you would need 4-5 hours chalked out in a day.
What is the best time to visit Sharjah Desert Park?
The best season to visit Sharjah Desert Park is winter, from December-February, as the weather is cool. The best time to visit the venue is as soon as it opens so you have ample time to explore the park.
Sharjah Desert Park Location
Address: Sharjah - Dhaid Road - Interchange #9 - Sharjah - United Arab Emirates
- Bus: You can travel on bus E311 till Awir CMC (1 hour 45 mins) and rest of the way via taxi (24 mins). Or, on bus E400 to Sharjah cement factory (1 hour 20 mins) and rest of the way via taxi (5mins).
- Car: This is the most efficient way to reach Sharjah Desert Park from the Sharjah airport. You can cover the distance in about 15 mins and easily find a parking space.
Sharjah Desert Park Facilities & Services
- You can get refreshments from the canteen inside the Park.
- There is wheelchair and stroller accessibility provided.
- Audio recordings and educational panels provide necessary information about each animal species.
Things to do around Sharjah Desert Park
Sharjah Discovery Center
If your child has an affinity for science, then Sharjah discovery center is a must-go. Only 4.5 km away from Sharjah Desert Park, it offers fun bundled with knowledge. Here your kids will understand everyday science in a vibrant and relaxing environment.
Sharjah Classic Cars Museum
Around 18 km (15 min drive) from Sharjah Desert Park, is this one-of-a-kind museum with over a century of car history. It displays cars which are over 100 years old where you can learn about their manufacturing stories and other exciting facts.
Al Aweer Plane Crash Site
A place shrouded in mystery, the Al AAweer Crash Site is located around 30 km from the Sharjah Desert Park. There is still no solid information around how the debris of the plane ended up in this mysterious place. Visit here and maybe come up with conspiracy theories of your own!
Tips for visiting Sharjah Desert Park
- You can carry your own food inside.
- You need to wear a mask at all times.
- Wear modest clothes to Sharjah Desert Park.
- Bring your photo ID to secure entry to Sharjah Desert Park.
- Pets are not allowed inside the premises.
FAQs: Sharjah Desert Park timings, location, and more
Yes, Sharjah Desert Park is open to visitors.
Winter from December-February is the best time to visit Sharjah Desert Park.
Sharjah Desert Park is situated at interchange 9 along the Al Dhaid Highway (E88).
Yes, there is wheelchair and stroller accessibility in the museum.
No, there is no locker facility provided.
Yes, it is safe to visit the museum as all COVID-19 precautions are being implemented. It is mandatory to wear masks inside. The staff sanitizes the surfaces regularly and ensures a contactless experience inside.